Weak Hero Class 2 (2025) Review | New Friends, Brutal Fights & One Hell of a Cliffhanger

Confessions of a Drama Addict
0

 🎬 Subtitles and Bad Decisions Presents:

🫰 Because I have feelings, subtitles, and no self-control.


Weak Hero Class 2 

🌙 Watch Log

Started: “After the emotional destruction that was Weak Hero Class 1, obviously I was going back for more. Because apparently I have learned nothing.”

Finished: “Enjoyed it, it wasn’t Class 1, but still very watchable. And the ending left me hanging—literally. Like… excuse me? You cannot just stop it THERE.”

🇰🇷 South Korea • 2025

🎬 8 Episodes (Standard Series)

📺 Available on: Netflix


✨ Why I Picked This Up

After Weak Hero Class 1 emotionally drop-kicked me into another dimension, there was absolutely no question that I was watching Class 2. Si Eun was back, Park Ji Hoon was back, and I was ready to see what happened after everything that went down at his previous school.

Of course, Si Eun doesn't exactly get to start fresh. Because apparently this poor kid isn't allowed to have one normal school experience in his entire life. Thanks to the incidents at his previous high school and the influence of Beom Seok's father, transferring to another high school in Seoul isn't really an option, so Si Eun ends up at a school outside of Seoul.

And because this is Weak Hero, transferring schools obviously does not mean transferring away from the violence. It just means we're changing the scenery.


🎭 The Premise (Spoiler-Free)

After everything that happened at his previous school, Yeon Si Eun transfers to Eunjang High School, hoping to keep his head down and make it through without getting dragged into another mess. Unfortunately for him, the schools in the area are connected through something called the Union, and trouble has a way of finding Si Eun whether he wants it to or not.

Things start when Si Eun steps in to help Seo Jun Tae, which eventually brings him into the orbit of Ko Hyeon Tak and Park Hu Min, better known as Baku. What starts as another attempt to protect someone quickly turns into something much bigger when the Alliance, led by the ruthless Na Baek Jin, gets involved.

And naturally, Si Eun once again finds himself surrounded by people who want to fight him, people he wants to protect, and enough teenage violence to make me wonder what exactly is happening in these Korean high schools because LAW D.


👥 The People Responsible for My Emotional Stability

💫 Yeon Si Eun / Gray Yeon (Park Ji Hoon)

Si Eun is back, and thankfully, Park Ji Hoon continues to absolutely own this role. He's still the quiet, calculating little menace we met in Class 1, except now he's carrying everything that happened before with him. He's trying to keep his distance, but we all know how well that worked out last time.

Si Eun doesn't need to be the biggest or strongest person in the room because his brain is basically his superpower. Watching him calculate how to take down someone bigger than him is still one of the best parts of the entire series.

And yes, I was still very much invested in protecting this tiny traumatized genius from the entire population of Korea.

💫 Park Hu Min / Baku (Ryeo Un)

Baku. This man is a TRIP.

Where Si Eun is quiet, serious, and constantly calculating ten moves ahead, Baku is basically walking around radiating golden-retriever energy while also being capable of beating the ever-loving hell out of someone.

He brings a completely different energy to this season, and honestly, I needed it. After the heaviness of Class 1, having Baku around to bring some comedic relief was a very welcome change.

💫 Seo Jun Tae / Eugene Gale (Choi Min Yeong)

And then we have Jun Tae, played by Choi Min Yeong, who caused me one of those moments where I had to stop the drama and stare at the screen.

Because if you've watched XO, Kitty, you know him as Dae.

DAE?!

WHAT?!

Color me shocked when I realized it myself. 😂

Jun Tae is one of the people who pulls Si Eun further into this new circle of friends, and watching their relationships develop is one of the things that keeps the season moving.

💫 Ko Hyeon Tak / Alex Go (Lee Min Jae)

Hyeon Tak becomes another important part of Si Eun's new circle, along with Jun Tae and Baku. He's part of the friendship that gives Si Eun something he desperately needs, even if he'd probably rather pretend he doesn't need anybody.

And honestly, that's one of the things I liked about this season. Si Eun is still Si Eun, but he's not completely alone anymore.

💫 Na Baek Jin / Donald Na (Bae Na Ra)

Na Baek Jin is the leader of the Alliance, and this man is not here to make Si Eun's life any easier.

He's ruthless, calculating, and exactly the sort of person you expect to be sitting at the top of a gang hierarchy. Once the Alliance gets involved, things escalate quickly, because apparently Si Eun's life needed another giant problem dumped directly on his head.

💫 Geum Seong Je / Wolf Keum (Lee Jun Young)

And then there is Wolf, because apparently we weren't allowed to have enough dangerous people already.

Lee Jun Young brings a completely different flavor of menace to the season, and Wolf is exactly the kind of character you watch while thinking, Oh, this is going to be a problem.

💫 Supporting Chaos

We also get Choi Hyo Man, Do Seong Mok, Baek Dong Ha, and the rest of the characters who help fill out this increasingly chaotic little ecosystem of alliances, rivalries, and people who apparently have nothing better to do than beat the crap out of each other.

And then there's Si Eun's mother, who we'll be discussing later because… girl. Please.


📝 Review

(WARNING: Potential Spoilers — I’m Not Saving You from Any Emotional Damage)

So let's just get this out of the way: I really enjoyed Weak Hero Class 2. It's a continuation of Class 1, and it absolutely delivers on what I came back for—Si Eun, wonderfully choreographed fights, an interesting new group of characters, and enough escalating chaos to keep me glued to the screen.

Si Eun transferring to another school doesn't exactly give him the fresh start he's hoping for, because apparently the universe has personally decided this boy is not allowed to know peace. The fact that the schools in the area are tied together through the Union means that even when Si Eun tries to keep his head down, trouble eventually finds him anyway. And once he helps Jun Tae, that pulls him into the friendship with Hyeon Tak and Baku, which is where the season really starts to come together.

I really liked this new group. Baku, in particular, was such a fun addition because he brought some much-needed comedic relief. That guy is a trip. 😂 Si Eun is so serious and constantly operating on approximately seventeen levels of strategy at once that putting him around someone like Baku creates a completely different dynamic. The friendship between the guys is also one of the things that gives Si Eun something to fight for, rather than simply fighting because he has no other choice.

And then, of course, we get the fights.

The fights in this show continue to be wonderfully crafted. There's something about Weak Hero that makes its action sequences feel like more than just people throwing punches at each other. Si Eun is physically outmatched more often than not, so watching him use his surroundings, his intelligence, and whatever advantage he can find is still incredibly satisfying. And then you add everyone else into the mix and suddenly we're watching an entire school ecosystem collapse into organized violence.

Because apparently this is what high school is like in the Weak Hero universe.

However, where Class 2 didn't quite hit me the same way was the emotional connection. I still cared about what was happening, and I was invested in the characters, but that emotional gut punch from Class 1 wasn't quite there for me. Class 1 had me emotionally attached in a way that made certain moments absolutely devastating. This season had plenty happening, but I didn't feel that same depth of emotional damage.

And then we have Si Eun's mother.

Girl.

Listen. I get what they were trying to do. I understand the intention behind her character and the attempt to add depth to Si Eun’s home life. But emotionally? It just didn’t land for me. Instead of adding weight, it mostly had me sitting there like… really? this is the angle?

Especially when she starts implying his fighting is somehow because of her.

No.

Ma'am.

We're not doing that today.

I understand what the show was trying to do with her character and the attempt to explore Si Eun's home life and his mother's relationship with him, but it just didn't land for me emotionally the way I think it was supposed to. Instead of giving me another layer of emotional connection, it mostly had me sitting there questioning some of her choices.

That said, the lack of that deeper emotional punch didn't ruin the season for me. Not even close. The cast was excellent, the action was great, the new friendships worked, and I was completely invested in seeing where everything was going.

And then we get to that ending.

Excuse me?

You cannot just end it like that.

Seriously.

The way this season wraps up feels like someone looked directly into the camera and said, “Yeah, we're going to leave that there and make you wait.”

Absolutely not.

I need another season. The story is not finished in my brain, and that ending left way too much hanging for me to be satisfied with this being the end. If Netflix wants to continue this, I will be sitting right here with snacks, emotionally prepared for absolutely nothing.

Well.

That's a lie.

I will not be emotionally prepared.

My brain: “Okay, but what happens next?”

My emotions: “We're still processing Class 1, thanks.”

My snacks: “You said this was only eight episodes.”

And somehow… it worked.


📊 Damage Report

🎭 Story: 9/10 — The continuation works really well, with a new school, new friendships, and a bigger conflict through the Alliance. I loved where the story went, even if it didn't hit me emotionally quite as hard as Class 1.

💫 Acting & Cast: 10/10 — Absolutely no complaints here. Park Ji Hoon continues to kill it as Si Eun, and the new cast fits into the world really well. Also, DAE?! Still not over that revelation.

🎧 Music: 8/10 — Solid soundtrack that works with the drama and its atmosphere, although it wasn't the part of the series that stood out to me the most.

🔁 Rewatch Value: 10/10 — Absolutely. The fights alone make this one worth going back to, and eight episodes makes it ridiculously easy to binge again.

🏆 Overall: 9.5/10 — I loved it. It didn't have quite the same emotional impact as Class 1, but the cast, action, friendships, and story kept me completely invested. And that ending has me demanding another season.


💭 Final Mood

Weak Hero Class 2 doesn't quite deliver the same emotional gut punch as Class 1, but honestly, I still had a blast watching it. Si Eun remains one of my favorite things about this series, the new friendships worked surprisingly well, and Baku brought exactly the kind of chaotic comedic energy this season needed.

The biggest problem is that I am not satisfied with that ending. I need answers, I need closure, and preferably I need another season because you cannot build all of that up and then just leave me standing there staring at the screen.

Would I rewatch it?

Absolutely. Eight episodes, great fights, a fantastic cast, and Baku being Baku? Yeah. I'm going back in.


🏷️ Tags

#WeakHeroClass2 #WeakHero #WeakHeroClass1 #KDrama #KoreanDrama #NetflixKDrama #EmotionalDamageApproved #SubtitlesAndBadDecisions


Post a Comment

0 Comments
Post a Comment (0)
To Top